Today was another very productive day for us, we continued to build the field setup, and began wiring and figuring out the software for out robot.
Isabella and Adelaide began assembling the top portion of the mountain, and with many technical difficulties it was completed today. At first, a churro did not fit through the hole provided in the middle of the mountain. In order to solve this problem, we used a drill and got rid of part of the metal around the hole in order to fix it.
Rachel worked on programming the software, and began wiring the robot. First, we wired everything on the floor, so that we could make sure that the controllers would be able to control the motors. It turns out that that was very useful, because when we moved the motors, they would not spin. Also, the Robot Controller phone was not picking up a lot of the signals from the motor controller and servo controller. To solve that problem, we unplugged each of the connections from the power distribution module and added them in one at a time. After a lot of time trying to figure out why the motor was not spinning, we finally realized that it was because we needed to update the driver station app! We found this out because we were watching a video of another team setting up their robot when we realized that their app looked different. That solved the problem. Finally, we put everything onto the robot and we got the arm, servo, and right motor to work. Although the left motor had issues, we decided that we would save that for the next meeting.
This blog covers details about our outreach events and other events that are important to our team, and our season.
Hi, we are the Rubies, FTC team 9890. To learn more about us, visit the "About Us" page