Today all of the parts that we had ordered online came in the mail. We replaced the encoder on one part of the robot wheels, and then we tested the robot, to discover that that was not the only issue, that we were also having problems with one of the low-hanging wires on the robot. Once that was replaced we were able to use the controllers to control both wheels of the robot. We all practiced driving a little bit, like picking things up, and discovering which way to go up the moutian. We were able to figure out that with the driving wheels in the back of the robot we were able to get up into the low zone with our robot. One issue with this was that when we used too much power, the robot flipped over backwards, which caused a few close calls when we almost didn't catch it before it hit the ground. Another issue that we had was the sometimes the blocks and balls that will be on the floor of the robot field slipped under our robot and became tangled in the wheels and wires. This caused the robot to stop moving, so a solution will need to be made for that.
This blog covers details about our outreach events and other events that are important to our team, and our season.
Hi, we are the Rubies, FTC team 9890. To learn more about us, visit the "About Us" page