(we lost our past blogs, so all of our documentation was lost for these next few posts. This is what we remember, but all of the specifics were unfortunately lost :( )
We did a lot of work on the robot today. We worked on the extending arm. We got the linear slides and put them together with two of the 416 mm and one 288 mm bar. The only problem was that it was sticking a lot. We tried putting Vaseline on it, but it didn't help. We sent a tweet out to ask and we got a few replies. One said mineral oil, but we didn't have that. Someone else said that we should try WD-40, which worked like a charm! It now moved very smoothly now, the only problem was moving down.
With the new arm (future arms, we figure that one arm would be too jerky and unstable so we are going to make two. We don't have enough slides for the second one now), the arm was out of the 18 inch square box. To solve this problem, we were going to move the poles between which the arms were to be mounted, but we noticed that that meant that the robot had to be taken apart and made wider, in order to create enough space for the arms. Once that was completed everything began to go smoothly with the arms, however when we measured the arms with the extension, we realized that there wasn't enough space for the arm in the robot and it would not be the correct size. In order to fix this problem we decided to switch around where the arms are mounted in order to push these beams to the back of the robot in order to allow the arm to have extra space.
This blog covers details about our outreach events and other events that are important to our team, and our season.
Hi, we are the Rubies, FTC team 9890. To learn more about us, visit the "About Us" page