Today, all 5 of us met for a long 3 hour meeting. We all divided up in smaller groups to troubleshoot any problems with the robot, design the t-shirts and edit the website, and continue to build the mission assemblies.
At the beginning of the day, Isabella and Adelaide started off the day by building the upper mountain assembly. We had many technical difficulties, due to the fact that the instructions were often unclear and difficult to understand. Some problems we had were getting the middle of the assembly to slide down the upper, due to the fact that the hole was slightly small. While we were doing this, we unknowingly bent the main center beam, which we did not discover until later, when we were trying to apply black plastic brackets to the center, and had many technical difficulties. With a large amount of bending back, and teamwork with the help of Ava, the center beam was bent back and we had some screw troubles, due to the fact that all three holes did not line up properly.
One of the main problems with the robot was that only one of the motors spun, and responded to the controller. We decided that this means that the issue could be one of the three things, motor, encoder, or wiring. While the others were working on the mountain assembly, Izzie, Rachel, and Ava were working on checking the first potential cause of the problem, the motors. We noticed that the gears were
This blog covers details about our outreach events and other events that are important to our team, and our season.
Hi, we are the Rubies, FTC team 9890. To learn more about us, visit the "About Us" page