Today, Rachel, Izzie, Isabella, and Ava met to work on our presentation at Lake Harriet Lower Campus.
We started off by brainstorming what we could do with the class of 20-28 kids. We all agreed that we wanted to talk to them about core values, and team work.
After saying any ideas that popped into our heads, we finally came up with a idea! We decided to make an interactive activity, that relates to the real world.
We started a script, so we would have a general idea of the "story line".
Here is a summary of the game:
1) We split the kids into groups of 5, they brainstorm a team name, and logo.
2) We tell them the task (They have to build replicas of a model) ( Each model is worth 1 Ruby)
3) There are 3 rounds
- Round 1: They replicate the model in any fashion
- Round 1: They brainstorm how to be most successful before the round starts
- Round 3: They do a group share before the round starts.
4) We talk to the kids about how to handle disagreements
5) We talk to them about FTC and Robotics
This blog covers details about our outreach events and other events that are important to our team, and our season.
Hi, we are the Rubies, FTC team 9890. To learn more about us, visit the "About Us" page